HELLO, I hope you all find this blog enjoyable! After following the movies for many years
and watching the 2007 Oscars, my gal and I got to talking and came to a realization.....
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY GREAT ACTORS STILL WITHOUT OSCARS???
Martin Scorsece finally won his first Oscar this year, but why is it so many other Hollywood
mainstays over the years who gave Oscar-worthy performances year in and year out (not to mention made Hollywood all of its money) tend to lose to a relative unknown, a quirky star or a
flavor of the month?!?
We believe it's time to give credit where credit is due, to honor the OSCAR-worthy stars even if the Academy has yet to... thus was born our ACTORS WITHOUT OSCARS LIST, a list I'm compiling of some of the best actors, actresses and directors over the years who truly deserve an Oscar calibre reward for their many Oscar calibre roles!
We know opinions will differ and everyone has their favorites, but the goal of this blog is to
recognize the obvious giants and of course to have fun...so without further ado, here's a partial
list:
JOHNNY DEPP
JOHN TRAVOLTA
TOM CRUISE
LEO DICAPRIO
RICHARD GERE
JAMES EARL JONES
MICHELLE PFIEFER
SANDRA BULLOCK
WINONA RYDER
KATE WINSLET
IAN MCCELLAN
TOBEY MAGUIRE
JEFF BRIDGES
GEORGE LUCAS
ALFRED HITCHCOCK
TIM BURTON
ALEC BALDWIN
JIM CAREY
ED HARRIS
DENNIS QUAID
These 20 stars are just the start, as time moves on and I develop this blog more, you will be
shocked as I was to learn how many more greats still have no Best Actor/Actress or Director
Oscar after so many memorable pictures and roles onscreen. Be watching out for some of
my theories behind this strange phenomenon and for now support your local AWOL.....
(Actors Without Oscars List)....with your feedback!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment